Monday 24 December 2012

Is that the meaning?

Since I uninstall my Facebook application on my phone, I hardly log in to my account to check on the latest buzz news on this popular media social. I guess, most of us first clicking on the log in button, what will appear first basically is about the event that the whole world are going to celebrate on the 25th of December. That is Christmas!




When we visit the mall, a huge big Christmas tree is standing in front of you to welcome you. When we meet our friends, most of us will remind each other to get them a nice and wonderful present during this Christmas season. Let us pause for a moment and think , is this what Christmas is all about? 

Early this morning, when I got up. Just before time for me to gym, I manage to log in to my account and saw a wonderful sentence which written by one of my friend. She clearly stated that, Christmas is not about Santa Clause (Present season---Santa Clause is coming to town.), Christmas tree, or even a new clothes or food. This season is just about one person, He is '' Jesus Christ'', who is the Son of God who saves us and free us from our sin, so that we may enjoy the everlasting life with God in heaven. 

In conjunction with the Year of Faith that launched by the pope, the church call us to reflect, spend more time in prayer to deepen our relationship with our Lord. For me, that is Christmas. Personally, I find that we should spend more time by doing some prayers and to strengthen our faith. 

Some of you might be skeptical with the statement that I mentioned above. One might think that am I not suppose to enjoy this season? Pray the whole day? 

No. That is not what I mean. Of course, we can still enjoy and have some gathering with our family members and relatives. However, try to spend a little more time by doing some prayers and reflection on the scriptures. Listen to what God telling us. 

Most of the Christian will be celebrating Christmas on the 25th of December.For me,  Celebrating Christmas can be an everyday affair. 

 How to do that? It's simple! Spend more time in prayer and deepen our relationship with Him. 

So, Christmas is not only celebrate once in a year. But, we can celebrate it daily by consistently looking for Him through Prayer.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Terms of Use: As additional measure for security, please sign in before you leave your comments.

Please note that foul language will not be tolerated. Comments that include profanity, personal attacks, and antisocial behaviour such as "spamming" and "trolling" will be removed. Violators run the risk of being blocked permanently. You are fully responsible for the content you post. Please be responsible and stay on topic.