Thursday 24 January 2013

Prayer is the only way

Have you come across a difficult moment in your life? Have you ever feel hopeless? Feel sick with everything in your life? Perhaps, you might find that you are in a situation that no one in this world can truly understand your feeling and you feel yourself is abandon by the society. In this modern era, we are facing many different types of challenges,in term of economic and society challenges. The rewards of these challenges might lead the person to the dead end of the road in life. Undeniable, in every aspect of job that we enroll our-self in, we cannot escape from the word ''Pressure'. Pressure is a negative emotion to human beings, it harms a human emotion and bring them to the stage of depression. I'm pretty sure that none of us can escape from this experience in life. However, it is normal for human to have this experience in this modern era where everything require us to be fast.

Due to the high statistic shows that many people in this modern era are experiencing this types of pressure in life, we can see that in the market, there is a lot of psychology trying to making profit out of it by writing some books to teach people how to reduce and handle their stress when they are facing some difficulties in life. of course, I'm not a psychology writer who can produce psychology advice for those who are facing challenges in their life. But, as a lay person like me, the only way out of it is prayer. Prayer is the communication with God. We can lift up our problems to Him, who created us and know each of our strong points and weaknesses.

When I was a kid, I always find that by praying, it does not help me much. When the verb 'praying' appears in my mind, what comes after next is bored. However, I start to embrace this wonderful gift that God has given it to me after my baptism. I start to feel the power in it! I start to enjoy talking with my creator! I start to lift up my problems to Him (partially, at this point of them. Hope I can improve further on it.)


As a Catholic, I can pray at anytime and anywhere that I want because God is everywhere. We can talk to Him anytime when we feel like like doing so. They should seek God in the hope that they might feel after him and find him. Yet he is not far from each one of us. (Acts 17:27)

Often, people always thinking that praying in a one way communication with God. Actually that is not true! God often speaks to us. The problem is whether we can identify it or not. If you do not know how to pray, ask him to teach you, and ask your heavenly Mother to pray with you and for you (POPE BENEDICT XVI,  to the young people of Netherlands, November 21, 2005)

If you are seeking God but do not know how you should begin, learn to pray and make the effort to pray everyday (Blessed Teresa of Calcutta).

Besides praying alone, sometimes we might need someone to intercede for us. This is because we find that is better to call some other friends to pray for our own special intention or petitions that you need for that particular moment. Besides calling some of my friend to pray for me on certain occasion, I specially like to call the Blessed Mother (Blessed Virgin Mary) to intercede for me. This is what most of the Catholic like the most by calling the Blessed Mother to pray fro us in heaven. Mainly because she is the mother of the universe and she is the closest to Christ. Always, we find that her intercession is the most powerful in heaven.
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks, it will be opened. (Luke 11:9-10)

So, have you pray today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Terms of Use: As additional measure for security, please sign in before you leave your comments.

Please note that foul language will not be tolerated. Comments that include profanity, personal attacks, and antisocial behaviour such as "spamming" and "trolling" will be removed. Violators run the risk of being blocked permanently. You are fully responsible for the content you post. Please be responsible and stay on topic.