Thursday 3 January 2013

Journey to Sibu

It was 4.15 a.m, I'm still lying on the bed dreaming and the alarm continue to sing his wonderful songs. Just before 4.30 a.m, I managed to jump down from my bed and rush to the toilet. Yeah...Today is the day that I'm leaving to Sibu! Thank God that I just managed to wake up on time instead of continuing my beautiful dream, or else I would have missed my plane!

I'm just feeling a bit tired when I am on my way to the airport. Maybe is because the purpose of the trip is working. Please don't misunderstand my statement, it does not mean that I don't like my job, probably is because I just finished my few days holidays, I'm just getting a bit lazy! This is human weakness, right?

Around 11 a.m, managed to arrived Sibu airport safely. After lunch, the first destination that we heading to is Bintangor, a small town located 60-70 KM from Sibu. The people there are nice, whatever questions we asked, they will try their very best to give us the best answer that we want.

Apart from working, I managed to try some of their local food that we couldn't get it in Peninsular Malaysia.

Finished my job around 5.00 p.m and check-in to the hotel.


 My Queen Size Bed



 I'm flat...I just need some rest! 




                                                            My tired face on the first day!




The best thing ever is that the hotel where I'm staying, there is a Catholic Church located nearby (5-7 min walk). I still remember the day before I went, I told my mum that it will be great if I manage to finished my job on time and get to attend their local mass. Thank God that my prayer is answered. Lord Jesus said,:ask and you shall received. 


Sacred Heart Cathedral, Sibu ( Sarawak)

 Second day, the place we are heading to is Sarikei, located 80KM from Sibu. The weather that day is a bit hot and I guess that will be the most difficult moment that we ever felt. As usual, we have to get respondent. Basically, everyone is good and kind to answer our questions. Nothing special, just another working day for us. 

The third day in Sibu. Data entry! What a wonderful day for me. I do not need to stand under the hot sun to interview. I just need to stay in the hotel room and key in all the data that we have collected!

Fourth day, went around Sibu town. I managed to found a christian book shop and bought two books for myself as a reward!

The case for Christ---Lee Strobel


Finding freedom from your fears---H.Norman Wright


My lecturer also brought me to taste some local cuisine.

Fook Zhou food. 


These is my journey to Sibu!
I guess I starts to fall in love with this place. I hope I got a chance to visit Sibu in the near future. The experience is great. 
Sibu, I will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Terms of Use: As additional measure for security, please sign in before you leave your comments.

Please note that foul language will not be tolerated. Comments that include profanity, personal attacks, and antisocial behaviour such as "spamming" and "trolling" will be removed. Violators run the risk of being blocked permanently. You are fully responsible for the content you post. Please be responsible and stay on topic.